Welcome!

Thank you for taking the time to read what I have to say, even if it doesn't always make sense.

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Margie the Monster

So, I have this aunt. Her name is Margie. We happen to share a house and I hate it. I don't hate her, I just hate living with her. She is so annoying and she's pretty rude.

I used to get along with my aunt, but high school came around and she basically became the enemy.

Anyway, my aunt doesn't have much of a social life. She has two sources of socialization, going to work and the occasional Red Hat Ladies dinner. (Those come around every couple months so she basically doesn't go out much.) Luckily for myself and the rest in the house, she mainly stays in her room.

When she is actually walking through the house, most try to avoid her. I know that I'm saying seems pretty mean, but trust me, she's not very pleasant to be around. When you come in contact with her, the one sided conversation will contain one of three things, or all if you're having a bad day already. She will either complain about something that may or may not actually have to do with you, tell you to put things away, (They don't even have to belong to you. You'll sit there and wonder where they go, then never actually put it away.) or tell you a story that she's already told you about 50 different times.

When we're eating dinner, she sits there and complains about basically everything she can think of. It's annoying. She'll complain about little things we do or say. She acts like she is better than all of us in the house. That's pretty much what it is.

Sure, she's older and she's my aunt, so she expects me to respect her. I show respect to those who deserve it.

We recently got a puppy. My aunt comes home, goes into her room and puts her stuff down. She comes out about 5 minutes later, "Puddle alert!" Meaning the puppy peed. OK. Since when do you not know how to clean up after a dog.

When it comes to cleaning up after the dog, this is how it works... You see pee, you clean it up. That's how it is with everyone. I see it, I clean it up. Ashlee sees it, she cleans it up. Same goes for my dad, brother, and sister. Apparently, my aunt is too good to clean up after a puppy. It's not like he leaves big puddles. He's not very big. Shut the fuck up about there being a puddle and fucking clean it up, stupid. C'mon.

We take him outside, we feed him. I've watched him for the past 2 days. He has chewed up my hands and feet, tried chewing up my laptop battery, and peed on my sweatshirt sleeve. He is a huge handful, but I still take care of him and watch him. She can't take three minutes to clean up a little pee?!

This isn't what makes me so angry with her, it was just that little push that sent me over. Luckily for her, I've learned to handle myself and not completely snap in her face.

She also thinks that every article of clothing that is most likely female, is mine. I get random jackets, shirts, and shoes in my room all the time.
If my purse or sweatshirt are in the living room, even for five minutes because I'm about to leave, she'll tell me that it doesn't belong there and needs to go in my room. If I don't put things out before I leave, I will forget them.

If I or my dad are in the living room watching T.V. and she's cleaning, she doesn't let us know that she'll be in there so that we can maybe move somewhere else. She just goes ahead and vacuums or gets in the way. If we're watching a movie and we're trying to hear she just goes ahead as if we aren't there. She's rude. If we went into her room and did that, she'd get all pissy. She's just really disrespectful of anything that isn't hers. It's really frustrating. She makes it hard for anyone to get along with her.

1 comment:

  1. Oiy... yeah... Margie needs to get out more. It's funny because she kept trying to teach us etiquette and respect and what not, but as soon as High School rolled around, she turned into somewhat of a fire breathing dragon! I wish the Red Hats would get her out more, but I don't know what else to do about that. Oh wells...

    ReplyDelete